Re: [Roadsters] possible to mod a 69 1600 type 2 dash harness to go

To: chalsted@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] possible to mod a 69 1600 type 2 dash harness to go
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:51:49 -0800 (PST)
Craig,

My experience with most cars is that the manufacturers do not change
harnesses
among like models.  Years ago, I had a '78 Honda Civic 1200.  One
of the
high-end Civics, not even a 1200, had a secondary instrument cluster
with a tach
and a couple of gauges.  I bought a cluster from a wreck, and was
prepared to
figure out how to wire it up.  When I got into the dash, however,
the correct
plugs and connections were already there -- unused -- including
lighting.
Plugged it in and away I went.  I'll bet you find that, if there
are any
differences between the 1600 and 2000, the harness will
accommodate either.

Gary