[Roadsters] Header/starter fit issue

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Header/starter fit issue
From: Bill Oakes <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:11:16 -0600
Here we go, another one step forward and two steps back.

My '68 Roadster project continues to crawl (I bought it in parts, engine
out, etc.)

It came with a stock exhaust manifold and a nice looking header, so I went
the route of the header, or course. I put the starter on, but couldn't get
the downside of the header to fit through, so I removed the starter. With
the header installed, you guessed it, the starter won't fit. The
front-facing end of the starter rubs up against the rear downtube of the
header. See pix:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115762868286085496736/albums/5710567865542128801?authkey=CLHDuf7-uJWdfg

(let me know if you can't get to these pix, I'm using Google photo albums
and they've changed some things around)

It's not off by much, probably a well placed dent into the downtube would
make it fit. But will that lead to heat issues on the starter?

Does anyone have this set up?

thanks
Bill Oakes
Libertyville, IL