[Roadsters] 1969 SRL 311 for sale

To: Datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 1969 SRL 311 for sale
From: Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:35:06 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

For sale is my complete Datsun habit!

1969 SRL-311 SU with
completely remanufactured (hot tanked) engine, ground crank, bored .030 over
new pistons bearings, chains, sprockets - includes Z Therapy carbs, new oil
pump, water pump, distributor. Head completely rebuilt line honed with new
valves and seats. Standard cam. Newer battery.

Runs like a bat out of hell.
Less than 200 miles since rebuild. Its a new engine. No leaks, pretty.
Transmission purchased rebuilt on Ebay, shifts well

The car lived in Texas
until I bought it and brought it to NJ 10 years ago, only driven 500 miles
since, never driven in salt. (It took me a long time to get to rebuilding the
engine and since rebuilding, maybe 200 miles as it has only been on Sunday
summer drives) Exterior isn't bad, but I know there is a bit of putty here and
there. It has a "20 foot paint job", looks decent until you get close. OK,
maybe 30'. (needs paint) Chrome is good to fair, depending on what part. The
rear bumper is rusty, but I have a spare with a fixable bend in it (from Carl)
Front end completely rebuilt just before I bought it.

New brakes, pads,
calipers rebuilt and new master cyl - not 50 miles on them. Good rubber on
Pireilli tires.

Tube header exhaust, decent exhaust system.

Red with black
interior. The interior needs work, but is all there, no major problems, cleans
up well. Crappy mirrors.

Rear end does whine a bit, but I have everything to
rebuild it, but never bothered.

Spares and such (a real collection, new or
like new)
Hard Top in very good shape, white
Convertible top, good shape with
spare frame (one has a broken link (fixable), the other is good)
Dress up
cover for when the top is down (I never had the top on so I never used it)
Roll Bar (used, never installed)
2 brand new interior door panels uninstalled
Brand new Tonneau cover, never installed
New shifter cover, never installed
Replacement differential (from EBay, supposedly 20,000 miles)
Rear end rebuild
kit, new, bearings and seals
NISSAN mirrors, NOS (new, old stock)
NISSAN 0-140
MPH speedometer NOS
NISSAN small chain tensioner NOS
Misc parts, new and old
Used parts
Complete head, WITHB CAM!!!!! (rare, high performance cam, "B"
stamped right on the end)
Clutch and lever
Complete air pump assy, if you want
to make it "original"
Set of carbs and intake manifold
2 large chain guides
Starter
Radio
Radiator

Also includes a parts car, with much of the good stuff
removed, but a couple of good panels, etc. Has running gear and tires still on
it.

You don't WANT to know how much I have invested, I know I'll lose, that's
the way with old car habits, my loss is your gain.

It is solid mechanically,
but needs paint and the interior done.

I'll like $10,000, but I'll take $7500
for everything, a really good deal if you consider just the cost of rebuilding
an engine..... Then the cost of the new spares, etc.

I just bought a 2000
Corvette, and this requires selling my Datsun. I gave in to the corruption of
comfort.

If no one here is interested, it goes on EBay.

I can send
pictures, the list won't allow that.

Jim Gammon
Manasquan, NJ