Re: [Roadsters] 1969 SRL 311 for sale

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1969 SRL 311 for sale
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:22:08 -0500
hi jim, sorry to hear youre going to sell the  2000. i guess you are going
from
a god-awful stiff ride, to just a very stiff ride. (ha,ha). it probably seems
comfortable by comparison. any way, what has the vette got in it ? any
trick engine stuff ? i already know the vette corners like its on rails.
i remember the first time i rode in an 84 vette, on an auto cross
course, it was a revelation- a whole new level of side G forces.
            enjoy---   bob smith ohio

> Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:35:06 -0800
> From: gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Roadsters] 1969 SRL 311 for sale
>
> Hi all,
>
> For sale is my complete Datsun habit!
>
> 1969 SRL-311 SU with
> completely remanufactured (hot tanked) engine, ground crank, bored .030
over
> new pistons bearings, chains, sprockets - includes Z Therapy carbs, new oil
> pump, water pump, distributor. Head completely rebuilt line honed with new
> valves and seats. Standard cam. Newer battery.
>
> Runs like a bat out of hell.
> Less than 200 miles since rebuild. Its a new engine. No leaks, pretty.
> Transmission purchased rebuilt on Ebay, shifts well
>
> The car lived in Texas
> until I bought it and brought it to NJ 10 years ago, only driven 500 miles
> since, never driven in salt. (It took me a long time to get to rebuilding
the
> engine and since rebuilding, maybe 200 miles as it has only been on Sunday
> summer drives) Exterior isn't bad, but I know there is a bit of putty here
and
> there. It has a "20 foot paint job", looks decent until you get close. OK,
> maybe 30'. (needs paint) Chrome is good to fair, depending on what part.
The
> rear bumper is rusty, but I have a spare with a fixable bend in it (from
Carl)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums