fot

Re: Spitfire axel conversion

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire axel conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:14:37 -0700
I am wondering where the Spitfire Axles are prone to failure.  I recently
pulled the axles out of my Chevy pickup and discovered that they are not all
that much larger than the ones on my Mk1 Spit.  I would thing that if there is
not that much difference in the size, the difference must be in the
quality of the metal if people are having their axles break.

I would love to hear opinions (especially those backed by personal experience)
on the subject!

Joe