fot

Re: Beginner's Luck?

To: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>, <Bd309@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beginner's Luck?
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:49:32 -0700
In the "Fifties" the production car racing was much the same as you now
enjoy in the vintage classes.  Nothing at all to help your thoughest
competior change a head gasket or loan your only spare tire to a another
driver in the same class.  In 1958 there were 44 cars in the "E" production
class on the grid at the Memorial Day Santa Barbara event and we all felt we
had the best deal there was......glad to hear all you"newbees" are having
the same fun.