fot

Re: Spit cams?

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit cams?
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:57:47 +1200
The resizing of the cam journals took place in 1972. All Spit  engines up to
early Mk IVs with the flat blocks have small journals, all recessed blocks
have large journal cams. However the blocks had large journals from 1965,
from 65 to 72 cam bearings were fitted to sleeve the blocks down.
John Kipping