fot

Re: Remembrance Day.

To: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day.
From: portermd@zianet.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:11:12 -0700
Simon Rasmussen writes:

> Remember tomorrow the mistakes and the sacrifices made for our benefit, and
> lets all hope for a world free from conflict!

Yes, indeed. Since there's been a war/conflict/civil uprising in the world
almost every year since the War to End All Wars, we're overdue for a little
peace.

Oh, yeah. US Army, 1967-1970.

But, Armistice Day/Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day is usually when I pay
homage to my late grandfather, who was an aircraft mechanic in France with
the American Expeditionary Force, and whom I most resemble in one regard. In
his squadron yearbook, the quote under his picture says:  "No day complete
without an argument."  *smile*