fot

Re: rememberance day

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rememberance day
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:42:03 -0800
On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 10:14  AM, Bill Babcock wrote:
> Every time I hear someone talk about how evil we were to drop nuclear
> weapons on Japan I am staggered by the deep and general ignorance of
> history.

They estimated a million plus US casualties for the invasion of Japan.
Far, far fewer Japanese died from those two bombs than would have died
during pre invasion bombardments or on the first day of the invasion.
Not to belittle those who died, those bombs saved millions of lives.

First company I worked for when I completed my first college degree,
Stanford Research Institute, was located in an army hospital built to
handle casualties from the invasion of Japan.  Rows and rows of
hospital barracks buildings that thankfully never saw patients.

T. J. Wakeman
twakeman@cruzers.com
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937