fot

Re: U-Joints

To: VANDECARR@aol.com
Subject: Re: U-Joints
From: Jeff_Durant@amat.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:45:02 -0800
All,

Just finished rebuilding the rear axles on my brothers '69 TR6.  He
supplied me GMB's, as purchased from the Roadster Factory, part number
220-1100.
I found them to be a tad long and used real circlips instead of the ones
that cam with the joints.  Came out pretty good.  He only runs his car on
the street.

I run Hardy Spicer joints in my TR6 racer.  Fit great and don't fail.
These are the ones that come in the green and black box.  Hard to get when
compared with the standard Spicer joints (white and red box) sold in the
US.  I've had good results fitting the American made Precision brand, part
number 344.

Had this chart for a while with the different brands that are suppose to
fit the TR2-TR6 range cars.

Hope it helps....

Regards,
Jeff Durant (new to the crew)!