fot

GT6 MK1 Engine question

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 MK1 Engine question
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:10:00 EDT
Greetings Amici,

I was tearing down a GT6 MK 1 engine tonight to dispose of it and keep the
good stuff when I pulled off the head and was amazed to find a copper head
gasket.  The engine number is KD12402E and the gasket is stamped as 1A951.
This engine came from a remarkably pure 67 (or 68) GT6 I bought here in the
Nevada desert.  I bought it for a spare body for the racer but after looking it
over I felt it was TOO PERFECT to disassemble.  I passed it on to a friend
who was anxious to rebuild the GT6 of his youth so it will be resurrected with
MK2 engine.

Anyway, Is this copper gasket typical????  Why??  I don't think this engine
was ever torn down and it has no wear.  Just the thick sludgy oil coat from a
lot of short trips.  Anybody need anything?

Steve