fot

RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder

To: Terry and Cindy <Roadandtrack2@hypermax.net.au>
Subject: RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:49:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Terry and Cindy wrote:

> I cannot help with or foster changes within SCCA. If you race in
> production classes, then you have to accept limits like this. Change
> class!! Various replies have indicated the alloy head is OK with some
> vintage race organisations in the US.

Regarding SCCA, if you build a car beyond the Prod. specs, you go to GT3.
The first problem with that is that the bulk of current GT3 cars are tube
framed wonders, silhouette bodies... impressive, but a EX$PEN$IVE. SCCA
has also moved to make the GT cars representative of current cars in
production and no more than 5 years old.

So, if you build a GT3 TR6, about the only Triumph parts would be in the
engine if you built to the rules. And then you could only run in regional
races, not nationals.

At least that's what I understand from info in Sports Car.

regards,
rml