fot

Re: GT6 rear sway bar

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 rear sway bar
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 06/27/2005 10:43:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> The answer to that question, as I see it, depends on whether you're lifting
> wheel due to roll rate times body roll, or whether the rear suspension is
> running out of travel.  On a stock TR3, the rear suspension runs out of
> rebound
> travel fairly easily, so I feel increasing the rear roll rate (with a rear
> sway
> bar) helps.  No idea if that applies to a GT6.  But if the roll rate is
> lifting
> the wheel, then you have to either decrease the rate in the rear (softer
> springs) or increase it in the front.

Amici:

Interesting.  I never ran a rear sway bar on my TR3 (but I do have traction
bars).

John Harkness had one on his TR3A for years.  Then one day he took it off.
After racing the car without, I think he may have thrown it away.  He said the
car was a shade loose without it, but he liked it much better (more
predictable).  You could count on what it was going to do.  His lap times
improved.

I have heard others say similar.

Bill Dentinger