fot

Re: GT6 rear sway bar

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 rear sway bar
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
I've been talking about a rotoflex GT6+ with a slightly de-arched
spring, stock shock mounts (to be relocated to the frame eventually)
and Quaife.

My sense has always been that I am reaching the rebound limit when
the inner wheel lifts, but I'm not certain. The limit is notoriously
short on that car. It's possible that more rear roll stiffness would
help, and that's why I'll try it. (Someone suggested a Z bar once
upon a time. Not clear that there's a good way to mount one, or
that it's the right thing.)

I did a lot of work once to put a swing spring on, but the spring
I had couldn't be made to connect to the uprights - the spring was
either too arched, or just too narrow. Despite several people sitting
in the rear hatch, we couldn't get the eyes to line up. This was
the night before leaving for the Seattle VTR convention, and we
ended up dropping the diff and putting the original spring back on
that evening, an unexpected extra task... my, that was a long time
ago!

chris