fot

Re: head plug

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, FOT@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: head plug
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:37:02 -0500 (CDT)
About four yrs ago... an alum head plug corroded / disintegrated while I was
driving at phoenix raceway.  When I realized what happened (about 10 secs
later) -it was too late. The coolant water was in the oil and the motor was
toast.  As I recall.. I did not have to tap the head... just used a brass hex
head plug.

>From that time forward I said that I would attach a sacrificial annode to my
>motors but, never did.  I imagine now is a good a time to go to the local
>marine store and order it.

md