fot

Re: head plug

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, FOT@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head plug
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:54:08 EDT
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

<< In the top of the TR3-4 head is an aluminum plug which partly
 dissolves when the head it put into a caustic tank. >>

Many years ago, I got back a TR-3/4 head with the aluminum plug completely
gone.  I just went to a plumber's supply shop and bought a pipe plug.  It
worked
fine for a several years, with no problems.  A piston finally hit and cracked
this head.  I never knew that there were brass plugs.  The designers probably
wanted a softer material used for this application.