fot

Re: Carb Oil.

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Oil.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:40:41 EDT
Dan:

You'll get more than one take here, as there are two schools of thought.  My
mentor, Mike Belfer, said not only no oil, but cut off the plungers.  Not
needed.  For years that is the way we ran them.

Then once last year, when we put one of our cars on a dyno (first and only
time we did), that mechanic said we were making a mistake and should certainly
keep the plungers in the carbs.  We put two in and were shocked to see a
distinct improved performance indicated on the dyno.

We are now running them, and we use a light oil (i.e., sewing machine oil).

Bill Dentinger