fot

Re: Starters

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starters
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:53:41 -0600
Ted is at http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/. There's a button right on
his home page for the starters.

Had mine about 3 years and I'm very happy with it.

I have had a couple of problems, but not the starter itself. I love the fact
that I can keep cranking it until the engine fully catches fire (just
coughing once doesn't kick the gear out).

My problems were solely in the bracket holding it on, and one of the allen
bolts broke off that held the bracket to the starter. Got new allen bolts
and a bracket bolt with a slightly filed-down head and it works fine.

The only time it "wouldn't work" was when I somehow pulled the ground wire
loose. My bad.

Beats the hell out of the old Lucas unit!

--Rocky