fot

four cyl diesel

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: four cyl diesel
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:14:41 -0600 (CST)
I was thinking of our TR tractor motors and one thing led to another.  So, why
doen't Cummins take their prooven 5.9L diesel take two cylinders off and make
it a 4 cyl 2L motor?  Give it all the fancy electronics, best turbocharger and
fuel mangement software and get 250hp and 300ftlb of torque and place it in a
light weight PU truck or sedan?  I bet a light weight vehicle with this could
be very peppy with good mileage.

I know emissions are always a factor.. but, with all the know how we have today
-this is duable.

  Why is it that we don't have a good reliable domestic 4 cyl diesel?

Mordy