fot

crank scrapers

To: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: crank scrapers
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:10:55 -0600
Recently I sent out a message asking how many folks would like a
crankshaft scraper for the Triumph TR2 - 4 engine. There was enough
interest to pursue developing and prototyping.

I have received the quote on the crank scraper for the Moldex crank /
Carillo rod setup. It is quite good, but of course not as low as I
would like, in light of the very low production numbers for a
specialized part like this. It will be laser-cut and includes a small
amount of welding for a couple of small stiffeners.

It looks like I can sell it for a little over $60 including shipping
to anywhere in the USA (trying to save some trips to the post office
and correspondence time regarding shipping cost). I'll finalize the
price in the next few days.

I plan to make only one run of the part and for cost reasons I do not
plan to keep a significant inventory, so further runs will depend
solely on demand.

The parts should be available in a couple of weeks.

The scraper for the stock crank - stock rods is being quoted and I
should know the price in a couple of days. I would expect it to be similar.

I'll send out another note when the parts are available for shipment.

uncle jack