fot

Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam

To: BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:32:57 -0500
Bill Dentin asked:

>One has to assume that since we never saw the SABRINA in subsequent TR
>models, it was not the world's greatest engine.  Probably not even second.

>I was always under the impression that the TR3S had a significantly
>different
>footprint.  Longer?  Wider?  You should ask him if it had a distinctive
>chassis.

I asked Paul about this, and his response was:

".......from recollection it had same dimensions
as normal TR3 which it was,  I know when I bought it it came on the Standard
Vanguard saloon wheels, horrible steel things very narrow rims & I put some
awful wheel trims on it to hide the wheels, the proper wider competition
wheels
were kept by SAH who were the Triumph supported operation who the cars were
sold
to after Triumph had finished with them,  I knew at the time the car was
special
but only later did I learn it's significance and it's history as a team &
competition practise car, my first event which I have pictures of and will
try &
copy are of me doing a grass track event against the clock, I was only 18
years
old and was a complete novice so on the road tyres was just not
competitive."

Shane Ingate in Maryland