fot

Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam

To: herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Sabrina twin-cam
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:04:14 -0500
Andy (the Flying Herald) Mace said:

>Paul's recollections, if accurate (and I've no reason to doubt they are),
>would lead me to suspect that whatever car this was actually was some sort
>of "test" or "mule" car and not one of the actual competition cars? Every
>Triumph history I've read noted that the TR3S cars all had a longer
>wheelbase than did a standard TR3. Apparently it was believed necessary at
>the time, to accommodate the "Sabrina" motor, but the extra length actually
>turned out NOT to be needed.

Digging through some of Paul's other email, I find the following:

"I have been trying to find info about the people who I bought the car from,
SAH in
Leighton Buzzard here in the Midlands, having difficulty though, I don't
have
any documentation relating to the car other than a few pictures , SAH were
the
Triumph people for modifications in those days & are no longer in existence,
remember at that time the TR3A had only recently been introduced with the
TR4 on
the horizon, - early 1960's, my car was as I understood it what we would
call a
works hack, a testbed probably best way to describe it , after having been
used
& abused by the factory was offloaded through SAH , don't have any
information
as to it's history even it's registration plate was changed when I bought
it,
remember in those days there was not the historical interest in those sort
of
cars especially as the TRS's didn't shine in competition and had a very
short
life in competing at international level".

So this is consistent with history from other sources.

SI in MD