fot

Re: [Fot] E prod. runoff

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] E prod. runoff
From: sgroh1@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:58:36 +0000
I, for one agree with Mark wholeheartedly.  I've run Formula Fords, Formula
Continentals and Spec Racer Fords in SCCA.  There seems to be no official
action taken on aggressive (read: ill-advised) driving that results in crash
damage unless one competitor protests the driving of another.  It's a primary
reason that this year I switched to vintage racing, where the Vintage
Motorsports Council maintains a shared database with all vintage racing
sanctioning bodies of a driver's racing attitude, experience and history.
Significant penalties await those who put winning at all costs over safety and
incidentally, the value of their competitor's cars.  In my first event with the
Vintage Racer's Group, I rediscovered the fine art of passing - it's a shared
recognition of speed, safety, the track and fun.  And, by the way, 95 laps of
it.  I originally questioned whether switching from a Formula Continental to a
63 Spitfire would satisfy my racing lust, but the answer is a resounding YES.  T
he racing was as fast and as close as any SCCA experience I've ever had, and I
left the track exhausted and ecstatic.  It all comes down to attitude.

Steve Groh
63 ex-Manning Spitfire

From: EDENMA@aol.com