fot

Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:53:07 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 Fubog1@aol.com wrote:

> I still have my "Thunderjet 500" set from the mid-60s. It's laid out on
> plywood, we set it up every year at x-mas time in the shop. Slot car races
>today!
> Glen
> ps- anybody remember the early vibrator  motors???

I still have my TJ5k setup too. It's been a while since I set it up,
though. Our family also used to set it up for the holidays. Lots of fun.
The cars got wrecked as we got older and started drinking beer while
playing with the cars. But I still have at least 10 cars that work. I got
spoiled in the early 80's with the AFX cars. When the super sticky cars
came out (Gfx?) I lost interest. You didn't have to "drive". The
performance was unbelieveable, but the fun dropped out.

I guess I was ahead of my time on the "vintage thing".

:-)

I never had a vibrator motor car, just the "pancake jobbies". I learned
about "gears" with those cars. They had two ratios and I went with the
lower gears - could beat all my friends "out of the hole". The only prob -
they had silicone slicks and made really big top-end speed.

Hmmm. Some things never change. I got out spent then too.

rml