fot

Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differentials

To: BillB@bnj.com, westerneagleracing@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR 4 Differentials
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:25:25 EST
In a message dated 01/24/2007 12:44:29 PM Central Standard Time,
BillB@bnj.com writes:

> detroit lockers work great but they are not
> particularly reliable. I have no stats to support that idea, just a
> practical
> theory (parts that get banged around are less reliable than those that
> don't)
> and the fact that every locker I've seen has been repaired numerous times.

Boy that has sure not been my experience.  I've been racing one since I
bought my car in 1979 (and it was a race car when I got it).  They often
'clank'
like they fell off during a race.  To a point where we always feel, "Well, sure
as heck it's shot now!", but every time we open it up and look at it, it looks
like brand new.  We've had ring and pinion failures, but the Locker always
stood up.

Perhaps not as smooth as other options, but I think they're tougher than
nails.

Bill Dentinger