fot

Re: [Fot] MSD units

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MSD units
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:40:24 -0400
Amici,

I've had 2 MSD 6AL units on 2 different cars.  Both have been flawless,
and it was the way the first box performed that convinced me to buy
the second.  All up I have over 40K miles on the 2 boxes.

All y'all comments come as a surprise, because I know dozens of
cars with MSDs with no failures.  Maybe I should read more
magazines and watch more telly to keep informed (or maybe not;
ignorance is bliss).

Prior to that I did have 3 Pertonix failures (sudden-death syndrome).
The Pertronix is great because the points can be installed in less than
3 mins, but I've not yet figured out how to hotwire a MSD.

Don't even get me started on the POS Mallory Unilite dizzies.

Shane Ingate in NM