fot

Re: [Fot] Wheels

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wheels
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:57:26 -0700
I'm thinking about the opposite--taking TR4 wheels, which I think
measure out to a little over five inches wide, reinforcing the hub and
then drilling all the cooling/lightening holes that racing steelies
sometimes have--particularly the Porsches. Instead of knockoffs, extra-
long studs smooth noses to start the lugnut cleanly, and very plain
lugnuts. All very racy methinks.

Low buck retro look is all the rage in the hot rod world. I traded my
'48 chebbie pickup to a guy who is going to restore it with 40 year
old barn find patina. It would be easy to do since it's been a lawn
ornament at my house for nearly ten years, but he wants it black
instead of moldy red.