fot

Re: [Fot] Wheels

To: "Bill Babcock" <billbab@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wheels
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:35:03 -0700
Lots of experience with racing production steel wheels reminds me that it is
not a good idea.
Racing on production steel wheels is not a good idea at all.  Even with the
center reinforced and little fingers welded vertical in several places they
still bend too much and fracture just when you finally figured out how to
get through that sharp bend in fourth gear without lifting.  Be happy there
are so many aluminum and mag wheels available that will save the paint on
the top side of your roll over bar.