fot

Re: [Fot] Road America - Looking for a drive

To: Greg - Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>, Friends of Triumph
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America - Looking for a drive
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:33:46 -0500
Greg,

I'm too far away to be of any help other than moral support. Only you can judge
the severity of your vibration, but once you are sure the engine is balanced,
that the trans is not coming apart, the driveshaft is straight you end up at
the rear axle. Pulling the cover off and having a look at the teeth may give
you some solace. For my part, running at TWS all these years I thought that the
100 mph vibration was pretty normal and I'm encouraged that there may be a
solution by looking into the brake drums. Interestingly, I never notice the
vibration on the long front straight, just the back 40 6 grand in third. This
was true in my old TR4 and remains the same in the 4A, whatever that means. I
blew an oil cooler once in a cold weather start-up. They tend to be a little
fragile depending on how they are mounted. What I'm saying is that you may be
OK, but like I said only you can be the judge. 3 tracks in three weeks, Barley
isn't the only dog in your truck. Wish it was me! With all this track time I
guess you aren't going to Hallet October 4 and 5th?

Bob