fot

Re: [Fot] Three Questions

To: Gary Horstkorta <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Three Questions
From: Bob <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:50:40 -0500
Gary Horstkorta wrote:
> Hello:
>

> At the last race of our season (CSRG) earlier this month, I was talking with
> several racer friends of mine about the current economic situation in the
> U.S. and what affect it might have on vintage racing in the coming years.
> With job losses mounting, consumer spending tightening up, etc, we
> speculated that there might be a downturn in the number of people who could
> afford to go racing.  So, I'd like to ask three questions and get your
>

> 1.        Will you race more, less or the same number of events in 2009?

                   *I am going this weekend to pick up a 57 TR3 racer,
reassemble it, have it together by next fall and race it.
                   So I plan to support the industry and race organizations*
> 2.       What do you pay for entry fees with the various organizations you
> race with?

                   *SCCA in Florida is $150 and VDCA is $325. VDCA is by
far the best buy for seat time and social gathering*.
> 3.       How many of the race organizations you race with have corporate
> sponsors to help offset the cost of racing, ie, keep entry fees lower?

                   *I suppose SCCA has some type of sponsorship but
can't speak for VDCA.*