fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: Hugh Barber <tr6nut@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:33:20 -0500
Randall wrote:
> Last I heard, the costs were actually substantially higher for those
> wearing helmets.Something about a funeral being cheaper than 20 years
> in a hospital bed.

I have ridden motorcycles for the past 30 years (when I was young &
daring, I raced them - but that's another story).  Nowadays, whenever I
ride, I wear boots, full leathers, and helmet.  One of my co-workers,
upon seeing me enter the building in my gear asked me if I was a "safety
freak".  I told him no, but that at my age, I heal slower so I need to
dress appropriately for the activity.

Hugh Barber
'73 TR6
'05 Suzuki SV1000S