fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:00:18 +0000
I believe the R3 is more expensive and they require a body harness, it isn't
secured with your belts.
I wasn't impressed with the one I looked at.
The Hutchins device is junk, it too has a harness and in a hard crash will tend
to compress your spine.
I thought I would be bothered by the HANS but I didn't know it was there after
about six laps.
I got the one with sliding tethers. I raced motocross and supercross until six
years ago and a neck injury
just about put me in a wheelchair. MX riders now have head restraints and they
are getting pretty popular.
I looked for a used HANS for a couple months but they are usually sold the same
day or hour the ad prints.
jim g

From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>