fot

Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:10:46 +0100
After I'll move the car from a wet cave that is called garage to my new
house with two big and shiny garages I'll convert the car from steel to
plastic panels, paint coat the panels by myself, install the side impact
bars as FIA rules want me.
At the weekend I did a little tuning shown in the Kastner book 1 - "staking
the head" to provide a foundation for further grinding of the head surface.
I bought a set of ARE "Le Mans" wheels for dry tires and dedicate the
Revolution wheels for the wet tires.
I need to check the rear axles for cracks, have a look on the diff and will
reassemble  the engine which is complete in pieces.
Found that my cam is corroded now from being in an open engine block in a
wet garage so my car will be the one racing with a rusty camshaft.
I'll also fit a new water pump with new design propeller.....

....and hope for the best at Hockenheim race way.....

Cheers
Chris