fot

Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???
From: Bob Adams <adams910@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:12:51 -0400
I'm a little late to the party, but Bill Babcock is right on the money. If
you dont want certain information / photos on Facebook, then simply dont
put it up. With as many people using it now, the odds of someone stealing my
identity are pretty slim. Ive been using Facebook since it was only for
people with .edu email addresses, and have never had problems or have known
anyone with any problems this is going on 5 years now.  Just make sure you
set your profile so only friends can see it, never post your full birthdate,
don't use your full legal name, and never post a profile picture that is a
mugshot of yourself. Don't bother with any of the applications/games..
that's what advertising agencies use to mine your information.

As far as my generation is concerned, without Facebook, youre pretty much
left out of the loop. Guerrilla / word of mouth advertising has moved to
Facebook and Twitter. Local take out, bars, the underground music scene, etc
all use it to their advantage and ease of use. I don't think people even
bother with flyers and print advertisement for those establishments anymore.

As far as the list is concerned, what is there left to talk about? It
doesn't seem like there are many people looking to develop their cars, and
if you look at the results, lap times for most have stagnated over the last
5 years. For those just starting out and probably 85% of the other racers,
they don't even need to join the list, as all the information is available
for public viewing in the archives. Lastly Having your inbox clogged with
messages talking about Facebook doesn't really help keep members either...

My .02
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html