fot

[Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???

To: adams910@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] FOT on FACEBOOK ???
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:27:02 EDT
Bob,

While I likely wasnt plain enough, my question was about the differences
between the use of public forum vs. private on Facebook.

Not about the use of Facebook in general.

That original question has not been discussed yet.

But perhaps it is not improtant.

Joe A

> I'm a little late to the party, but Bill Babcock is right on the money. If
> you dont want certain information / photos on Facebook, then simply dont
> put it up. With as many people using it now, the odds of someone stealing
> my
> identity are pretty slim. Ive been using Facebook since it was only for
> people with .edu email addresses, and have never had problems or have known
> anyone with any problems this is going on 5 years now.  Just make sure you
> set your profile so only friends can see it, never post your full
> birthdate,
> don't use your full legal name, and never post a profile picture that is a
> mugshot of yourself. Don't bother with any of the applications/games..
> that's what advertising agencies use to mine your information.
>

> As far as my generation is concerned, without Facebook, youre pretty much
> left out of the loop. Guerrilla / word of mouth advertising has moved to
> Facebook and Twitter. Local take out, bars, the underground music scene,
> etc
> all use it to their advantage and ease of use. I don't think people even
> bother with flyers and print advertisement for those establishments
> anymore.
>

> As far as the list is concerned, what is there left to talk about? It
> doesn't seem like there are many people looking to develop their cars, and
> if you look at the results, lap times for most have stagnated over the last
> 5 years. For those just starting out and probably 85% of the other racers,
> they don't even need to join the list, as all the information is available
> for public viewing in the archives. Lastly Having your inbox clogged with
> messages talking about Facebook doesn't really help keep members either...
>

> My .02

</HTML>
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com