fot

[Fot] Hard cornering

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Hard cornering
From: MIKE DEWEERD <deweerdm@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hello List
Thank you for ALL the advice so far.  This is where I'm at.

I've
  -installed new front competetion springs and GAZ shocks (adjustable) from
TSI
  -installed solid rear spring bushings (poly)
  -set tire pressures at 23 cold 26 hot  This is where I ran last 3 races
seemed good
  -car will be in frame shop early next week to check frame
square/straightness etc.
  -car will get 4 wheel alignment and 1.75 neg if possible with me in
car.(early tr4)
  -rear springs were found to be of different arch so re-arched them
  - front swaybar 3/4 dia (unknown origon) set to zero
  - corner weights wil be measured with driver.

That's it for now, it's a lot of changes at once so I'll never know which one
did the most but this will be my base line to go forward on.
A brake Bias and new dual master cylinders this winter perhaps a LSD diff
(budget pending)

It's sometimes a real pain not knowing what previous owners have done or tried
to do to the car in years gone by, I urge all racers to document all changes
and improvements to thier cars for future buyer/owners .....and just so that
you remember too.

Cheers
Mike Deweerd TR4 #77

fot@autox.team.net