fot

[Fot] Blackhawk

Subject: [Fot] Blackhawk
From: emanteno at comcast.net (Irv Korey)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 13:23:44 -0500
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Michael Moore via Fot <fot at autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Hey guys, I am heading to Blackhawk from PA. My MapQuest directions have
> me going over I-80 and then taking I-90 thru Chicago. Does anybody from the
> area have better directions, even if it takes longer?

Go around Chicago. There is almost no good time to go through Chicago.
Below are directions that I sent to Marty Sukey a few days ago. He is
coming from Ohio. You will drive more miles this way, and be way less
stressed.

*I-294 is the way that I would go. Yes, the tolls are expensive but IMO
worth it, and since you asked for my opinion, you are getting it. I seldom
come home from a trip somewhere east of here and don't go around. There ARE
heavy traffic times and areas on 294 also. My suggestion would be for you
to set your departure so that you arrive at the junction of 80 and 294
between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Traffic flows the best during those hours,
unless of course, there is a wreck. I did that very drive this morning, at
around that time, and it was wide open. You also want to take I-90 towards
Rockford, not the extension that is labelled I-290. I-290 will get you
there, but there are huge delays on the ramp getting from 294 to 290 that
you will avoid if you take 90. I-90 intersects I-294 near O'Hare Airport.*
Safe TRavels, see you at Blackhawk.

Irv Korey