fot

[Fot] Has anybody ran these new brake calipers?

Subject: [Fot] Has anybody ran these new brake calipers?
From: charly at mitchelplumbing.com (Charly)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 06:54:09 -0600
Description below:

This is a 100% Brand New Caliper with Stainless Steel 316 Pistons in the 16P
Style for Triumph TR3B,
TR4,TR4A from CT4690 (wire wheels) & CT4388 (steel wheels),TR250, TR6 to
(CC81078) 8/72, Why go
through the trouble of having calipers pistons done in 316 Stainless, because
it is the best! 316
Grade Stainless is Marine grade stainless steel which give a higher level of
finish compared to other
stainless steel. And Marine grade has a higher leved of Molybdenum which means
better corrosion
resistant to sea water and chloride (Road Salt). And to top it off the 316
Grade Stainless Steel has
a greater thermal barrier, which keeps the heat out of your brake fluid

I have purchased a pair of the reproduction calipers when I cooked my 16p set.
I used them one
weekend and I didn't like the feel compared to the real ones. I rebuilt my
16p's and put the copies
on a differnt car. Them seem to be okay on that car, maybe because I'm not
using them as hard.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44

On Thu 08/03/18  2:54 AM , Henry Frye via Fot fot at autox.team.net sent: