fot

[Fot] Has anybody ran these new brake calipers? Vintage rules, winning r

Subject: [Fot] Has anybody ran these new brake calipers? Vintage rules, winning race car drivers, and fighter pilots...
From: fubog1 at aol.com (fubog1)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 15:58:00 -0500

I've tried to stay out of this...but... just a few observations, first an
analogy...
Fact- the large majority of fighterpilot ?kills? are by a very small percentage
of pilots.
The same applies to drivers winningraces, there is a small percentage of
drivers who win the majority ofthe races.
Why?
Because they have good equipment, andare better than most other drivers.
Note that I say (type) good equipment,not necessarily the best, although they
quite frequently do have thebest equipment.
 A ?good? driver in a front-lineracecar with all the goodies will often get
beaten by a real hotshoedriving a lesser car.
The point is that having a ?faster?car, with all of the whiz-bang go-fast
widgets, doesn't necessarilymean a guaranteed win.

The other point is that we need to notlose the concept of ?the spirit of
Vintage racing?.
No explanation necessary.

Re rules, legal/cheater stuff, asidefrom safety-related upgrades that address
well-known problems, iff'nit was up to me, which it isn't, it would be simple
to go back to thebasics and require Triumph-based components, limit tire choice
to adegree, rim width (as Kas already pointed out), and (drum roll)... Ihate to
suggest it... just maybe consider actually limiting bore size?
Or not.

(Note that this is directed at thevintage racers here; the guys & gals running
Prod or GT etc, gofor it, stretch that rulebook until the pages start to rip!)
Just a few thoughts,
Glen Efinger