fot

[Fot] topic change up - venting

Subject: [Fot] topic change up - venting
From: robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com (Robert Lang)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:52:09 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Brian,
Two things - I'd def replace the sealing block with the steel piece. You will
never have that problem again. second, a PCV valve will work. I run one on my
TR6. I just got a a generic PCV valve with 1/2 barbs and route it to the intake
manifold. Note, however that you need to be careful how you place the vent(s)
in the valve cover so that you don't suck oil from the valve cover area... note
that the stock valve cover has a way to block sloshed oil from pushing out the
tube. You only want to vent the mist (and subsequent in-sump pressure) not the
oil itself.
You can also get a oil separator setup in there, Goodparts makes a really nice
one. I have one in my PCV system. No leaks!!!
c ya,Bob Lang

    On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 12:15:29 AM EDT, Scott Janzen via Fot <fot at