fot

[Fot] New Cars, New Parts

Subject: [Fot] New Cars, New Parts
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (DAVE HOGYE)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 09:43:07 -0700 (PDT)
I realize these old TR2-3 gear boxes are pretty much worthless and I have no
use for them.  I imagine that they came out of cars at some point for a good
reason.

I'm not sure if the internal components, gears or shafts have any value anyone
either.  They may be best for scrap.

A few years ago, I rescued a vast collection of TR parts and spares from being
scrapped.  There were also a dozen engines, that I tore down for component
evaluation.  In that mix, I found the original engine to my TR3.  That alone
was worth my efforts.  Old TS46871E will live again.  It was an interesting
mechanical forensic project, determining reasons of failure.

So, I have good blocks and a number of standard cranks standing by.

DH