fot

Re: [Fot] Flywheel wt & crank harmonics -TR3/4

To: Steven Belfer <steve@artwithcars.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Flywheel wt & crank harmonics -TR3/4
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 13:10:33 -0700

--------------9CA600C70015E190DE89FC08

On 5/21/20 12:50 PM, Steven Belfer wrote:
> A heavier flywheel just takes a bit longer to get up to the higher
> revs but the total max rpm is the same. If it is balanced properly,
> there is no change to vibration. Most race cars utilize a harmonic
> balancer to absorb those strange vibrations
I think the harmonic balancer is specifically to address the big
harmonic at around 5200 ish RPM. What happens to the crank harmonics
when the weight at the back of the crank changes?

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------9CA600C70015E190DE89FC08

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1771B6A6-29B9-4AD0-ADD4-269C0BDD3437@artwithcars.com">
      A heavier flywheel just takes a bit longer to get up to the higher
      revs but the total max rpm is the same. If it is balanced
      properly, there is no change to vibration. Most race cars utilize
      a harmonic balancer to absorb those strange vibrations <br>
    I think the harmonic balancer is specifically to address the big
    harmonic at around 5200 ish RPM. What happens to the crank harmonics
    when the weight at the back of the crank changes?
      cite="mid:1771B6A6-29B9-4AD0-ADD4-269C0BDD3437@artwithcars.com">
          Wakeman via Fot <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
            charset=UTF-8">
                of the flywheel affect the RPM and intensity of
                harmonics inherent in a TR3/4 stock crank? I've never
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
            <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
            <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>

--------------9CA600C70015E190DE89FC08--

--===============2515057248840848806==

fot@autox.team.net