Palm M100 tested w/ GEEZ

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Palm M100 tested w/ GEEZ
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:56:49 -0700
I picked up a Palm M100 to test it with GEEZ.  It passes all
of our tests, and it's the cheapest Palm ever.  At $149 as a
suggested retail, the M100 is the same price as the now
history IIIe.  But two important facts:  first, the M100
already includes the HotSync cable, whereas the IIIe
didn't.  So IIIe buyers had to spend another $15-20 to get
the HotSync cable.  Secondly, although it's not happened
yet, chances are good we'll see the M100 drop to $120 or so
shortly.  Keep in mind that the IIIe was selling for $149 on
the web, and at most discount chains, but it's retail was a
bit higher (I want to say $199, but I don't know that for
sure.)  The M100 has a suggested retail of $149, so with a
little time it's sure to drop in below that.

This is still a 2meg machine, which amounts to about 4 hours
of GEEZ storage time.  The only negative I see is that the
screen is just a touch smaller than the previous models.
The cover no longer is easily removable, but it is very
compact, and even has a little window through which you can
see the Status and Elapsed Time while you are recording.

If you are on the fence about using a Palm to record GEEZ,
this might be the thing to move you off center.  Cheap, no
additional parts needed, and it does the job very well.

--Byron Short
  Extreme GEEZ! Inc.
  800-775-9511