RE: Windshield Pillar Screw Threads

To: "'Malaney, David W'" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Windshield Pillar Screw Threads
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:27:50 -0400
Hi Dave,
The windshield frame to post screws are good ol' 10-24 thread, but good
luck drilling them out. The drill will wander off into the aluminium
sure as you are born...
The toggle clamp stud is 1/4 - 20 UNC. In some desperate cases you can
get away with  drilling a set of holes right next to the originals and
moving the windshield up or down the post 3/16". May not be the ideal
solution but you can at least save the post.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com