Re: Windshield Pillar Screw Threads

To: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield Pillar Screw Threads
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:29:10 -0400
Dave,

Drilling these out is not likely to work.  As someone else has noted the bit
will slip off the steel into the Al.  I would suggest shopping around to
replace the post.  There is likely someone on this list with one available
and they also show up on ebay every so often and sell for $20 or so.

Keith Pennell