Re: Brake help needed

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake help needed
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:52:49 -0700
I rebuilt a servo with smooth and clean cylinder bores a couple months
(and 1,500 miles) ago.  I'll be interested to see how long it goes (SFSG).

BTW, another problem with rebuilders:  I had a cylinder sleeved on my
backup servo and they sandblasted the h*ll out of it.  This--besides removing
too much material from the body, IMO--left a rough finish where the air/vacuum
"switch" seals bed (which should be a machined finish).  Recommend you ask your
re-builder/sleever to not media blast the cylinder body.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net