Re: Which Radios?

To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu
Subject: Re: Which Radios?
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:46:23 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2004 3:11:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ahpowered@hotmail.com writes:
I am looking for shots of discrete mountings and original looks/locat
Scott--

Nothing is more discreet than to have everything hidden in the boot and
controlled from the cockpit with an RMX-4S controller mounted discreetly under
the
dash:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XiPZihSvdLt/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&i=158RMX4S&c
c=01&o=&a=0

I have my radio and six-disc shuttle mounted in the upper-left compartment
next to the spare with the controller mounted on the face of my heater blower.
I can adjust volume and change radio stations or shift to CD and change discs,
track, etc. with my right hand. It's a pretty cool item.

A word of warning--when I purchased my stuff two years ago I found that the
controller was back-ordered from ALL of the popular online sellers with no
definite delivery date.  I finally located one on ebay and once I had it then
ordered the Sony receiver/changer that fit my needs. Since the controller is
the
key and works only with Sony products make sure you can locate one before
ordering the receiver, etc.  Other manufacturers may by now make wired
changers--the problem with all the wireless controllers that I investigated is
that they
work via infra-red and therefore the reciever must be kept in the cockpit.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans

Best--Michael