Re: 60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal

To: mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:39:33 EDT
I had an intermittent problem on my59 BT7 shortly after I got it.  The clutch
stopped diengaging, we bled it and it worked fine for a while, usually about
far enough to drive it the 25 miles to work and about 20 home and then would
stop disengaging.  Required the put it in gear with the engine off, run it in
the starter until it started and then shifting with our the clutch.  I did that
several days in a row until I had a day off.  Pulled the slave to rebuild it
and found a snall valley in the slave that would s-l-o-w-l-y allow air to
accumulate until it would quit working again.  Put a new slave in and fixed the
problem.  Might be some of the other issues such as a bad rubber line to the
slave.  I agree with Mike (much more the expert than I) and question the
hydraulics, not the clutch itself.  Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Dave