Re: 60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 60 BN7 Gearbox tunnel removal
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:42:26 -0500
Persevere Scott,  this is actually part of the "sport" in sports car.  And
believe it or not a  lot of us are learning right along with you.

Did you try the  turning of the key a couple of times as some one mentioned?
I know that the car will jump a head and it feels weird, but it sounds like
that may be easier to do.    I'm surprised that didn't release the clutch
back to home position.

Another thought would be to spray some rust release agent with a long "straw
tube" through the clutch fork opening in the direction of the input shaft,
thinking that the disc may be held up on rusty splines of the shaft.    The
only down part on this is that if you saturate the throw out bearing it will
cause the clutch to slip for awhile  until the release agent evaporates or
burns off.  WD40 should evaporate fast.    But then again I guess the
question is whether or not you can get to that area from under the car?

Just a few stirring thoughts.

Mark