Re: Horn blowing

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>,
Subject: Re: Horn blowing
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 23:40:48 -0400
Steve,

Usually the constant horn syndrome is due to the ground wire, brown/black I
think, grounding on the stator tube at the very front.  Check for chaffed
wires where they enter the stator tube.  The other possibilities
unfortunately are that your ground wire is broken inside the tube but not
too likely, your connection has come apart as you say, or the screw holding
the ground to the horn push (the left hand screw as viewed from seat) has
let the wire go.

There are no explosions to be aware of as you will not need to disassemble
the traf to fix the horn.

Keith Pennell